10 Inspiring New Years Yoga Quotes
The past year may have been tough for a lot of us, but there are bright new beginnings promised in 2021! Here are 10 New Years yoga quotes for a fresh start, a clean slate, newfangled energy and abundant opportunities to build auspicious paths toward our goals.
As practitioners of yoga, we are forever evolving and improving; so these words of encouragement are guaranteed to warm the heart, inspire discipline, encourage determination and maintain positivity for our resolutions.
Happy New Year!
1. “In the beginning there was Desire, which was the first seed of mind.”
— The Rig Veda
2. “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.”
— Jalaluddin Rumi, Sufi Mystic
3. “When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds. Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world.”
— The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
4. “Train your senses to be obedient. Regulate your activities to lead you to the goal. Hold the reins of your mind as you hold the reins of restive horses.”
— The Upanishads
5. “Adhere to: Faith, unity and sacrifice.
Avoid: Back-biting, falsehood and crookedness.
Admire: Frankness, honesty and large-heartedness.
Control: Tongue, temper, and tossing of the mind.
Cultivate: Cosmic love, forgiveness and patience.
Hate: Lust, anger, and pride.”
— Swami Sivananda, Indian Spiritual Leader
6. “Reshape yourself through the power of your will; never let yourself be degraded by self-will. The will is the only friend of the Self; and the will is the only enemy of the Self.”
— The Bhagavad Gita
7. “However many holy words you speak, however many you read, what good will they do you if you do not act on them?”
— The Dhammapada
8. “There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow; so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live.”
— Dalai Lama, Spiritual Leader
9. “As all the towering trees do not bear fruits until their due season, one’s tireless efforts won’t be successful until the time of fortune arrives.”
— Saint Avvaiyar, Tamil Poetess
10. “We do not belong to the past dawns, but to the noons of the future.”
— Sri Aurobindo, Indian Philosopher
Are there any other quotes, proverbs or New Years yoga quotes you would like to share? Leave your comments below!